Meet Vincent van Gogh’s interactive approach attracts both families and schools as primary target groups. The Experience’s audio-guide tells Vincent’s story on two levels- 8 to 12 and 13+ years. Dialogue is based on the Van Gogh Museum’s unique collection of Vincent’s personal letters. The audio-guide combines with interactive stations and a children’s scavenger hunt to create an entertaining hands-on and digital learning experience.
Edutainment: The Science Behind the Art
Meet Vincent focuses on the relationship between science and Van Gogh’s artwork to educate visitors on:
- How Van Gogh’s works and/or artistic practice relate to general scientific or natural principles.
- The use of science and scientific techniques to investigate Van Gogh’s art works.
Interactive stations challenge both children and adults to consider:
- How we use contrasting and complimentary colours.
- The depth of research undertaken by the Van Gogh Museum to find out more about Van Gogh’s materials, techniques and tools.
- Mathematical principles and perspective drawing.
The Experience’s interactive approach attracts both families and schools as primary target groups.
Click here to download the Meet Vincent van Gogh Educational Brochure.
Click here to access the Van Gogh Museum’s Educational Platform.
“I keep on making what I can’t do yet in order to learn to be able to do it.”
Vincent van Gogh to his friend Anthon van Rappard, August 1885
Van Gogh's Legacy
It is our mission to share Vincent’s story around the world and educate people of all ages on the life and works of this iconic artist. The Van Gogh Museum’s Department of Education develops educational content for children of various age groups and school levels, and distributes these materials to schools and educators for free. For more information, visit Van Gogh at School.