At the Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience, you can truly become a part of Vincent van Gogh’s life and most famous works. Nothing is off limits! Pull up a seat at the Potato Eaters’ table and climb on a golden haystack in Arles. Take a selfie in a life-sized recreation of Vincent’s bedroom, listen to the stories behind his artworks, and touch the paint on his palette. Along the way, breathtakingly beautiful projections and a free audio guide will teach you everything there is to know about Van Gogh.
Things to do
Looking for an enriching and educational experience for the whole family? Meet Vincent is filled with entertaining activities that let you touch and feel elements of Van Gogh’s life like never before.
- Use a microscope table to learn more about Vincent’s materials, techniques and tools.
- Embark on an exhilarating quest with the Children’s Scavenger Hunt.
- Investigate the layers of Van Gogh’s paintings like a Van Gogh Museum curator.
- Create your own self portrait and explore basic colour theory.
- Learn how to use perspective like Vincent did with a perspective drawing frame.
Free Audio guide
All visitors of the Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience receive a free audio-guide, narrated by Vincent and the people closest to him and based on the Van Gogh Museum’s unique collection of his personal letters. The audio-guide is available in both children (8-12) and adult (13+) versions.