At the Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience, you can truly become part of Vincent van Gogh's life and most recognised works. Nothing is off limits and you can touch everything in the experience. Get up close to large recreations of Van Gogh’s works, feel the technique of his brush strokes and pull up a seat at the Potato Eaters table. Climb a golden haystack in Arles and take a selfie in a life sized recreation of Vincent’s bedroom, while listening to the stories behind his artworks. Meanwhile, interactive stations, beautiful projections and a free audio guide will teach you everything you need to know about Vincent van Gogh.
Things to do
Looking for an enriching and educational experience for the whole family? Meet Vincent is filled with entertaining activities that let you touch and feel elements of Van Gogh’s life like never before.
- Use a microscope table to learn more about Vincent’s materials, techniques and tools.
- Embark on an exhilarating quest with the Children’s Scavenger Hunt.
- Investigate the layers of Van Gogh’s paintings like a Van Gogh Museum curator.
- Create your own self portrait and explore basic colour theory.
- Learn how to use perspective like Vincent did with a perspective drawing frame.
Free Audio guide
All visitors of the Meet Vincent van Gogh experience receive a free audio-guide, narrated by Vincent and the people closest to him and based on the Van Gogh Museum’s unique collection of his personal letters. The audio-guide is available in both children (8-12) and adult (13+) versions.
All audio-guides are desinfected after each use.
In case you want to bring your own headphones, feel free to do so. These need to have a 3,5mm jack cable in order to connect with the audio guides.